Department of Electrical And Electronics Engineering
About the Department
The EEE department was started in the year of 2006. The department is enriched with latest lab equipments and promotes R & D activities in related areas in collaboration with industries wherever possible. The department has power simulation lab with state of the art technology. The faculty members are well experienced and dedicated towards the upliftment of the student's community.The students are exposed to the practical and industrial aspects of the subjects through laboratory work and periodic industrial visit the students are encouraged to participate and present papers in national technical seminar and conference.
B.E. - ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
M.E.- POWER ELECTRONCIS AND DRIVES
- Engineering practice lab
This lab is used to practice the basic wiring connection and to know the basics of electrical and electronics engineering experiments
- Electric Circuits & Electronics Circuits Lab
In this lab the students are verifying the electrical and electronics laws and theorems by conducting the experiments.
- Control System Lab
This lab used to get knowledge about the first and second order system transfer function, time response characteristics and analog and digital simulation.
- Measurements and Instrumentation Lab
The students can know the procedure to measure the resistance, capacitance, inductance, power, energy and the working of various instruments by this laboratory.
- Power Electronics Lab
This lab is dealing with the power electronics devices and its characteristics and applications.
- Electrical Machines Lab
In this lab the students conducting experiments and analyze the performance of different electrical machine.
- Power System Simulation Lab
This lab is used to get the simulation results of different bus system and to diagnose the faults in various locations of power system using software.
- Electrical drives and control lab
This lab gives the enriched knowledge about the control of different motors using DSP, FEGA and PLC controllers.
ASSOCIATION ACTIVITES (2011-2012)
- The Intra Departmental symposium conducted on 30.01.12.
- Anna University Chennai sponsored faculty development programme on digital signal processing from 12.12.11 to 18.12.11.
- ARISEE inauguration and gust lecture on power transformer design and testing by Dr.S.K.Patnaik AP/EEE Anna University Chennai on 17.08.11.
- TNEB sponsored three days national franchisee training programme from 21.06.11 to 23.06.11
Non Formal Cources Conducted
- Third year students undergone the training programme on PCB Hardware design from 23.11.11 to 30.11.11.
- The Final year attended soft skill training programme from 23.11.11 to 05.12.11
The students are refreshed at commencement of each semester with personality development programme to enrich their moral ability to face complete world.
- The department received the fund of Rs 40,000/- from Ministry of New and Renewable Energy for Conducting National Level Seminar on Biomass Supported Solar Thermal Hybrid Power Generation
- The department received the fund of Rs 40,000/- from Ministry of New and Renewable Energy for Conducting National Level Seminar on Renewable Energy Sources Integration in Micro Grids . Click for more...
- The department received the fund of Rs 80,000/- from Anna University Chennai for conducting faculty Development Training Programme on " Power system operation and control" Click for more...
- The Department received the fund of Rs.30,000/- from DRDO for conducting workshop on
"Computation Intelligence To Reduce Torque Ripple For Switched Reluctance Motor".
- The department received the fund of Rs 60,000/- from Anna University Chennai for conducting faculty Development Programme on 'Digital Signal Processing'
- The department received the fund of Rs 15,000/- from CSIR for conducting the work shop on Recent Trends in power Electronics.
- 2011 passed out student Mr.M.Dinesh obtained 46 th rank in Anna University of technology Coimbatore.
- The final year students S.Jayasri and A.Abirami own first prize in paper presentation organized by Vel Tech University Chennai.
LIST OF PLACED STUDENTS (2011-2012)
- The final year student Mr.Parmi Mohan babu is placed in Infosys.
- The final year student Mr.M.K.Deepak got offer letter from CSS India private ltd.
- 32 students are final year EEE have been placed in Aqua Saf, Coimbatore.